DANATEL 965DSP/A Multifunction Cable Fault Locator
multifunction cable fault locator integrates the functionalities of a
number of standalone locators & instruments into a single one with
digital technology and high performance. It has been designed using
modern digital techniques according to the requirements of telecom
specialists & operators. It can diagnose the loop for type of fault and
exactly locate the fault. It displays distance to fault for resistance
faults (short, ground, cross and battery-cross), Opens (complete open,
partially open and dirty open) and Splits up to 50 Km. It uses bridge
technique for accurate locating of resistance faults (light shorts or
solid shorts) and there is not required any manual null adjustment of the
bridge circuit because it is done by the instrument software
It also integrates signal generator functions, insulation resistance
measurement up to 10 GOhm ,resistance unbalance of the subscriber pair
and loop ohm measurements and telephone set functionality. It can also measure DC or AC
on the pairs up to 300V ,loop current, shield ohm with an special technique for
compensating voltage differences normally found on two ends of the shield. It knows
standard cable types (including AIR CORE & JELLY FILLED) and various gauges used
in the telecom industry. Also, other non-standard cable types and gauges are
acceptable with "calibrate to cable" menu command or user data entry for cable characteristics.
Finally, It is rugged and weighs less than 2kg.
- DC/AC voltage measurement until 300V.
- Loop current measurement.
- Insulation resistance measurement until 10GOhm.
- Pair conductor resistance difference and loop resistance measurement(resistance
unbalance in %).
- Opens fault locate (partially open ,dirty open ,complete open).
- Resistance fault locate(fault resistance can be until 20MOhms high).
- Split fault locate.
- Ohm to distance conversion for standard gauges and others.
- Strap check with loop resistance indication & sonic alarm.
- Cable shield fault locate.
- Shield ohm measurement with special technique(some measurements & calculations).
- Tone generation(ID tone & sine wave with selectable frequencies).
- Cable discrimination & identification function with optional accessories.
- Telephone set functionality with redial.
- Self-calibration function.
- Powered by rechargeable batteries(25 hours of operation between charges).
- Display backlight for dark environments(automatic turn off for battery charge
- User-friendly and easy operation.
- Instruction manual.
- Rugged aluminum die cast case(with 6mm thickness).
- Lightweight(less than 2kg) and portable.
- One year guaranty and 10 year technical support.